Preparing for the arrival Of a Live-in Carer
Top tips for getting ready for your Live-in carer
Whether you are preparing for the arrival of your first live in carer or a regular recipient of brilliant carers that take care of you there are a few tasks to keep in mind to ensure a smooth transition.
Top tips to prepare for a live-in carer:
- Prepare the carers/ Guest room – Ensure there is clean bedding and towels. Some carers will bring their own however it is nice to give them the option and to make them feel welcomed. Remember your carer is as new to you as you are to them.
- Ensure you know what time your carer is arriving. The company or agency you are working with will give you a day and time of arrival well before they are due. or if you have arranged privately then give them a call so that you are prepared for them.
- Prepare an Introduction book – A book with the instructions to your main household appliances in so the carer can refer to it when needed.
- Make a list of important numbers – Family members, GP, Hairdressers, Podiatrist etc
- List important dates on a calendar – Bin days, birthdays, appointments etc
- If you are arranging the care yourself or through a company then make sure that you have written down a clear daily routine that you would like base your days around. Likes and dislikes
How we can help
Wilsons care will create a personalised care plan for the cares to follow and refer to. We believe that it is very important, for us and for any live in company, to keep a regular communication with both you and the live-in carer. We want to be able to make the transition and hand over of carers as smooth as possible. On first meeting your carer we allow plenty of time for a thorough handover of information. We will ring your carer on the morning of their arrival to check on that their travel plans have not changed and later ring around there arrival time to ensure that they have arrived. Any changes that we are made aware of we will ring you and let you know. We follow the same process for every change over, even on bank holidays and out of usual office hours.
If you are interested in live-in or domiciliary care for your loved ones, contact us today.
An Experienced Live-in Care Agency in Essex that you can Trust
Need a reliable live-in caregiver?
See more care articles
Keep up with our latest articles related to elderly care and more...
We are here for your care Local Authority Funding for Live-in care As we get older aspects of independent living becomes harder. Care options begin to be considered. Care services at home is preferred but can we afford it? Currently local authorities will help fund your live in care if you have less than £23,250 […]
We are here for your care The ‘Sandwhich Generation’ – Caring for Elderly Parents and Children A Generation caught in the middle, looking after both their parents and children The ‘sandwich generation’ is the caught in the middle generation who are looking after their living parents and children. The term often refers to the middle […]
We are here for your care Signs That Your Elderly Loved One Needs Help Top signs to look out for indicating that your loved one needs more help – Live-in Care Today there are almost 11 million people in the Uk aged 65 and over, which is 19% of the population. In 10 years time […]